Purpose of position:
Computer Drafting staff members support designers and engineers on modeling/designing mechanical and plumbing systems.
- Works from sketches, base plans and/or verbal directions using mark-ups from engineering staff.
- Back-checks all work for accuracy prior to returning plots to engineering staff.
- Maintains drawing files using established file saving procedures.
- Inserts and modifies client backgrounds to local office standards for use by engineers.
- Responsible for the compatibility of all discipline's drawings for consistency of graphics, sheet layouts, scales, sheet numbers, title blocks, etc. to assure that the drawing set produced looks consistent across projects and clients.
- Works with the project engineer to establish and maintain consistent graphic standards on individual assigned projects. This includes the interdisciplinary consistency between mechanical, plumbing, energy and commissioning etc.
Relationship to others:
- Supports engineers, designers and various team members.
- Reports to the principal staff for non-project related matters.
- Client communications is limited; performed under direction of the project engineer/manager.
- Maintains flow of information amongst various team members internally as well as to/from other project consultants.
Knowledge and experience:
- Training in Autocad required. Experience with layering standards, xrefs, blocks/attributes/lisp routines, etc.
- Entry level to several years of experience depending on level of need and project complexity.
- Ability to work with different personalities and with varying levels of professional experience.
- Written and verbal communications skills required.
- Multi-tasking skills required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Excellent time management and project prioritization.
- Software skills: AutoCAD, Word, Excel, Outlook, Acrobat
For consideration please send a complete and detailed resume and cover letter along with compensation history. We will make direct contact to schedule an interview.
SEND US YOUR RESUME >