The HVAC System Designer provides the nuts and bolts of any HVAC system design. They possess the skills, experience, and knowledge to make well informed decisions during the production process. Designers are responsible the core content of our firm’s product.
- Performing most of the basic engineering tasks as necessary for each project
- Preparation of design development and construction documents in collaboration with senior team members with only minimal input
- Processing of construction administration documentation
- Applies relevant code knowledge to system design and layout
- Works with production staff to develop mechanical and plumbing sets of design drawings based on standards and/or architect's layout
Relationship to others:
- Works alongside project engineers, and supports various team members in their respective roles.
- Reports to principal engineers
- Maintains flow of information amongst various team members internally as well as to/from other project consultants.
Knowledge and experience:
- 3-5 years of HVAC systems design experience and industry knowledge is required
- AutoCad skills required
- BSME degree or other industry specific work experience which demonstrates high levels of technical capability
- PE preferred but not required. Also advantageous to have a current EIT in advance of PE
- Working knowledge of current codes/standards for building projects within the State of California including: California Mechanical Code, CALGreen Code, California Energy Code
- Training in BIM preferred but not required; Revit MEP strongly preferred
- Ability to work with different personalities and with varying levels of professional experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent time management and project prioritization
- Experience in vendor provided selection programs preferred; (eg: Greenheck CAPS, Daikin Tools, Price All-in-One, etc…)
- Software skills: AutoCAD, Word, Excel, Outlook, File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
For consideration please email a complete and detailed resume and cover letter along with compensation history. We will make direct contact to schedule an interview with the adequately qualified candidates.
BMA is a well established engineering firm based out of the central coast of California. Building off of a 25 year heritage, we are growing and are excited to have the opportunity to add to our teams. We design mechanical and plumbing systems for commercial, industrial, mixed-use, healthcare, and educational facilities. We design energy efficient, advanced systems utilizing the latest technologies and design methods. We consistently deliver timely, meaningful solutions to our clients and maintain the highest standards for our designs.
We offer a great work atmosphere and encourage employees to engage in daytime activities such as surfing and mountainbiking when appropriate with project schedules. Many of our team members have young families and we strongly support and advocate for a healthy life/work balance.
SEND US YOUR RESUME >